Speak Your Mind
Mental health issues affect everyone. Shouldn't you know more? Now is the time to speak your mind and get the information you need. Join professional psychologist and host Dr. Carolyn Phelps each week as Speak Your Mind starts the conversation on mental health issues.
Expert Advice; Confidential Communication
Each Thursday, a panel of mental health professionals discuss the week's topic and help answer viewer questions live from the WDSE•WRPT studio. Questions can be phoned-in, text and emailed. Calls will be answered by a confidential team that will relay your question to Dr. Phelps. So feel free to ask the questions you've always wanted to ask and hear the reply in the comfort of your own home.
Schedule for 2013-14
- 09.26.2013 Depression
- 10.03.2013 Addictions
- 10.10.2013 Schizophrenia / Psychosis
- 10.17.2013 Relationship Issues
- 10.24.2013 Postpartum Mental Health and Mental Illness
- 10.31.2013 Geriatric Mental Health
- 11.07.2013 Raising the Kids without Raising the Roof
- 11.14.2013 Divorce
- 11.21.2013 Taking Care While Caretaking
- 12.12.2013 Bipolar Disorder
- 12.19.2013 Maria Bamford: Getting Help and Getting Better
- 01.09.2014 Coping with the Aftermath of Suicide
- 01.16.2014 Barriers To Growth / Why Aren't You Happy
- 01.23.2014 Anxiety Disorders
- 01.30.2014 Doing Therapy
- 02.06.2014 Medications
- 02.13.2014 Work Stress
- 02.20.2014 Making and Managing Change
What kinds of questions can be answered?
Questions about the week's topic or guests, such as symptoms, personal experience, or treatment approaches are appropriate. Example: "Does it make things worse to drink if a person is depressed, or does it help them because they can forget about their problems?"
What kinds of questions cannot be answered?
Questions of a personal nature will not be responded to on this live television show. Example: "My 14 year old daughter just ran away from home. What should I do?"
Which questions get answered on the show?
Our co-hosts will be reviewing our viewer's questions with 2 goals in mind: creating an informative topic-related show and answering our viewers questions. While we will do our best to include as many as we can, please keep in mind that each question that is sent to us may not get directly answered.
This forum is not intended to resolve a crisis you are having right now. If you are having a crisis, call HDC's crisis line at 1-800-634-8775.